What is the Power Center Chakra?
There are 7 Chakras and the Power Center Chakra is the 3rd one that is located in the middle of your chest. It’s called Manipura in Sanskrit and is also known as the Solar Plexus. This area is associated with your will, your energy, and also houses the seat of the center of your being, or your soul.
The Power Chakra can tell you what state your energy is in through your entire body. It also shows mental state of thought that can drain your energy. The Power Center can shed light on how you can manifest things you want into your life. Learning about what is going on in this chakra can help you improve your life in many areas.
Where is the Power Chakra?
It’s located in the center of your chest area. If you put your hands in the middle of your chest, you can feel the energy of this area vibrating. It’s also the area where Tarzan would beat his chest and yell, likely to communicate his power and authority to intimidate his opponents before battle.
What color represents the Power Chakra?
The color that it is mostly represented with it is yellow. It is fitting for this chakra because the light that is reflected in this area often shows the condition of a person’s energy and mental condition.
For instance, in a Chakra Assessment, I typically see the position of the sun in the sky in this area. This visual representation has accurately explained the person’s energy levels when I tell them what I’m seeing.
When is the Power Chakra open?
When the Power Chakra is open, you’ll experience energy and will feel connected to the earth and in the flow of life. You’ll be able to manifest things in your life easier because you will be able to make decisions and move things forward.
Having your Power Center aligned and working for you helps you to think clearly in a linear way to where you can think through situations and come up with resolutions. Hurdles won’t stop you when you have this area open and working for you.
Whenever faced with challenges, you’ll be able to assess what is going on accurately and adjust what you need to meet your goals. Having the solar plexus working for you is a heightened state of being where you act from a state of trust in yourself and the universe.
This is the seat of your identity and since you will know yourself well, you will act from integrity and trust in what you want to convey to others. From this state of being your true, authentic self, you will be living life not living on the sidelines of it.
When is the Power Chakra blocked?
When the Power Center is blocked, there are different symptoms that will show up in the way you act towards yourself and others. These issues also show up in your emotions, mental thoughts, and behavior.
- You may feel low on energy and tired from feeling overwhelmed and too much information coming in and going out
- You may feel off balance and not aligned with your purpose or integrity
- You may find yourself doing things that are out of character
- You may go along with the crowd or be influenced by others too easily even when you want to do something different from the crowd
- You may feel out of touch with who you are
- You may notice things are boring or feel like you’re in the doldrums
- You may feel as if you’re not moving forward or making progress with your goals
- You may feel as if you’re burned out
- You may feel a desire to create a self care routine but not honor your desire
How to activate the Power Chakra?
Activating the Power Chakra is easy to do and really only takes your focus, concentration, and intention to activate it for yourself.
- Exercise by doing a sport or activity you enjoy
- Dance, do yoga, or another activity
- Imagine the sun shining in this area and filling your body with energy and light
- Place geometric shapes around your home and on your walls
- Go outside and feel the sun rays on your skin
- Do a sun salutation and lion pose
- Place your fingers or a gemstone or crystal on your Power Chakra and feel the vibrations from this area
- Listen to a guided meditation to activate your Power Chakra
- Listen to certain sounds that are meant only for your Power Chakra
- Draw, paint or color intuitively what you feel and see in your Power Chakra each day until the blockage dissolves and your Power Chakra is activated
- Say affirmations to awaken this area
- Say a mantra in meditation
- Meditate with your focus, concentration, and intention on activating your Power Chakra
- Get out in nature and go for a walk or hike a trail
For me, I noticed my Power Chakra activated after being aware of how being in the sun or in an area of my house where the sun would stream through the window would improve my mental state of being and energy. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or can’t focus, I attend to this area and take what I call a “Sun Shine Break.”
During my break I do some activity in the sun. I could water plants, walk, go for a drive, or just sit and meditate in the sun. I don’t have to go outside if I can find a window where the sun in coming in, but it works best to go outside for a refreshing mental break.
How to balance the Power Chakra?
If you feel that the Power Chakra is off balance, there’s a few things you can do to bring it back in balance that are simple and fun to do.
Color Therapy for the Power Chakra
Find a yellow card and focus on the color of it. Let the yellow energy come into your mind and space. Look into the yellow and allow for yourself to feel its energy. Ask for the color to open your Power chakra to feel and perceive what truth and information you most need from the universe right now.
When you feel complete with focusing on the color, hold a sunstone or piece of citrine stone up to your Power Chakra. I recommend these because they are associated with boosting your energy. They also have a warm energy that is inherent in these stones and crystals. They’ll give you an energy boost and also give you a boost of confidence that is comforting.
Crystal Therapy for the Power Chakra
Crystals you can use to help balance and heal your Power Chakra include:
- Amber — this warm vibrating crystal is used to balance your Power Center and can also give you confidence. This is a great crystal to carry in your pocket or purse to take out when you need a boost of energy.
- Carnelian – this stone is perfect for healing the Solar Plexus because it is for motivation, clarity, and action towards your goals. It’s helpful for making decisions and getting clear on your goals.
- Citrine — This yellow-brown and white crystal is known for manifesting success and prosperity. It gives confidence and increases willpower for you to fulfill your goals.
- Fire agate – this stone fires up your willpower and spirit to take action. It’s a beautiful stone that, even when looking at it, increases your energy, stimulates your brain power, and gives you ideas and joy to move forward in your plans. It’ll help you to think through actions to take the necessary ones needed to manifest what you want.
- Fire opal – the Mexican Fire Opal is a shimmering stone that gleams with red, green, and many other colors. It brings about prosperity and money from sources out of the blue consistently. When worn on a necklace, ring, or other piece of jewelry, it will bring confidence to its wearer and the ability to be self sufficient.
- Golden Selenite – Yes, a yellow selenite! It’s golden and represents e. . connecting your energy to the sun. It’s a refreshing energy cleanse in a stone. It also helps to bathe your auric field in the stones energy that can substitute the sun on days when it is hiding behind clouds. Helps to ground you and reconnect your energy to the earth.
- Honey calcite – I love this stone! I have a few small 6mm beads of this and keep them in drawers so that when I open them, I see this stone and instantly feel good. It’s a lively yellow colored stone that generates a feeling of happiness and is helpful for confidence. It also helps soothe the effects of a Moldavite if you have one.
- Yellow Tourmaline — This is a healing stone to pull out negative energy from this chakra and all of your chakras. It also emits negative ions that aid in neutralizing an environment where you can be closer to a baseline energy and negative energy isn’t going to affect your mental or emotional state of mind. It’s helpful to revitalize your body, mind, and spirit.
- Clear Crystal Quartz – cleanses, removes built up thoughts and emotions, purifies, energizes, balances, helpful for communicating truth with still, clear thoughts. Works with any chakra.
- Moldavite – not for the faint of Power, Moldavite is a powerful crystal that can clear out negative people and situations from your life, it boosts your intuition more than any other stone I’ve used, it will bring new perspectives and shift your awareness to clear out anything that is not working for you. It also will have some interesting things that may happen as a result of having this stone. I suggest to keep it with a crystal for balance and the most peaceful resolution of situations. Moldavite for your Power chakra will remove negativity and balance out your emotions. Just be aware it is a powerful stone and when you feel heavy emotions, it may be a good time to take it off (if you’re wearing it) and let your energies rest for awhile.
Essential Oil for Your Power Chakra
- Clary sage
- Lang Ylang
How to heal the Power Chakra?
If you find imbalances and stuck energy in your Power Chakra, healing these things requires moving the trapped energy out of your body and it also means gaining trust again with this chakra.
One of the ways I strongly suggest healing your Power Chakra is through art therapy. One of the most powerful ways to heal this area, especially if you feel low on energy and are experiencing depressed mood, is the draw the sun and focus on this energy to bring it into your Power Center.
Try visualization techniques to imagine the sun in your Solar Plexus and to imagine the sun growing larger to surround your body. This exercise will help to increase your energy.
There’s other ways to heal the Power Chakra you may want to try:
- Find the root cause. Typically, we ask the Power Chakra to reveal what we need to know that is blocking it in this moment.
- Channel information from your Power Chakra is helpful to allow yourself the time and space to just be with this chakra area without restriction.
- You can also keep a bullet journal if you have just a few minutes each day to doodle here and there.
- Ask questions to resolve the issue. Be curious and genuinely ask questions that will help resolve the negative event in your mind.
- Move the energy out of your body. Use emotional freedom technique tapping or guide the energy out of your body with your hands. You can also imagine your chakra spinning and see the purple or bluish-purple color get brighter as you do this.
- Use crystals to release the stuck emotions from your body.
- Use color therapy to imagine the color and light drawing the stuck emotions and energy out of your body. Imaging the light outside your body and any negative or trapped emotions being drawn to it, then dissolving in the light.
- Use art therapy to draw what’s going on in your Power Chakra and to release the energy that’s stuck there.
- Use music or a guided meditation to release the stuck energy from your Power Chakra.