What is the Crown Chakra?
There are 7 Chakras and the Crown Chakra is the one that is actually located at the top of your head. It’s called Sahasrara and means 1000 petals of a lotus flower with different colors.
It’s the Chakra associated with your spiritual development, connecting to your higher self, and your ability to download information from the universe. All your ideas may come through this chakra in your mind.
Where is the Crown Chakra?
Right at the very top of your head. It’s the place on your head where you would place books and walk if you were trying to practice having good posture… or if you were practicing to walk a runway as a model. 🙂
What color represents the Crown Chakra?
The color that it is mostly represented with is a deep purple color, although, at the very top, it is associated with white and white light as being the highest level of spirituality and connection with the universe you could seek.
When is the Crown Chakra open?
When the Crown Chakra is open, you’ll experience more levels of connection with the universe and with yourself. You’ll not be so focused on what other think of you, overthinking things, or procrastinating from doing things. You would simply do what you think of doing. You’ll experience more peace in your mind and feel blissful.
You’d also connect with your Higher Self more easily and trust your first thoughts and impressions about people, places, and things, maybe even events you’re invited to attend. You’ll make choices more easily and follow your own guidance over others.
Whenever you have a question, you will first ask yourself and will follow what comes through the first time, not dismissing or second guessing yourself and your Higher Self’s answers. You’re very tuned into yourself and are conscious of your thoughts.
When is the Crown Chakra blocked?
When the Crown Chakra is blocked, there are different symptoms that will show up in your emotions, mental thoughts, and behavior.
- You may feel as though you can’t trust yourself or others around you.
- You may experience confusion about what to do even when you feel a strong pull to do something that is out of the ordinary for you.
- You may feel a lack of purpose and meaning in your life
- You fear the unknown and avoid making decisions based on this fear even when you ask yourself and others for guidance
- You feel as though you cannot connect with your Higher Self because you believe you can’t hear yourself or feel unworthy of your own guidance
- You may have doubt in yourself
- You feel like you’re separated and different from others
- You’re focused on being around safe things and people rather than what you feel drawn to
- You feel as if prayer, the universe, God, or source is not listening to you and not providing what you want, or will not work for you
- You focus on things in your mind more than any other area of your body
- You may feel as if what you know about spirituality or religion is the correct and right way and do not listen to any other ways of thinking or beliefs
How to activate the Crown Chakra?
Activating the Crown Chakra is easy to do and really only takes your focus, concentration, and intention to activate it for yourself. As easy as this may be, simply thinking this is enough, but, being human, we enjoy entertainment. However, not all forms of entertainment work for everyone. Lucky we are in the age we live in because there are different ways of activating the Crown Chakra today.
- Listen to a guided meditation to activate your Crown Chakra
- Listen to certain sounds that are meant only for your Crown Chakra
- Dance to open your Crown Chakra
- Meditate with your focus, concentration, and intention on activating your Crown Chakra
You could even do a cartwheel while focusing on opening your Crown Chakra and your focus alone will help you with that. The point is that you don’t have to do anything elaborate to activate your Crown Chakra. There’s no real set rituals unless you really want to do one.
For me, my Crown Chakra opened on its own when I tuned into it. I was was in a class, doing a reading for a person, and was surprised by what I saw. I was getting information from this Chakra and that began my tuning into it to open it further.
For you, opening your Crown Chakra can be simple too, if you want it to be. Just find the entertainment that resonates with you to open it. If you don’t want to do a guided meditation or dance, simply close your eyes and meditate on your Crown Chakra and ask it to open for you.
How to balance the Crown Chakra?
If you feel that the Crown Chakra is off balance, there may be a few things going on that you will need to do to balance it fully. I know that some people teach spinning Chakras to balance them, and you can do that, but if you want to get to the root cause with consciousness, then you can do a few things to resolve the imbalance.
Color Therapy for the Crown Chakra
Find a purple card and focus on the color of it. Let the purple energy come into your mind and space. Look into the purple and allow for yourself to feel its energy.
When you feel complete with focusing on the color purple, find a white card and focus on the energy of it to come into your space and body.
Crystal Therapy for the Crown Chakra
Crystals you can use to help balance and heal your Crown Chakra include:
- Amethyst – activates, purifies, heals, and protects
- Clear Crystal Quartz – cleanses, removes built up thoughts and emotions, purifies, energizes, balances
- Diamond – activates, cleanses, gives crystal clarity
- Selenite – balances, removes negative energy, protects your energy, helps you see clearly, higher consciousness
- Howlite – facilitates awareness, reduces anxiety and stress, protects
- Sugilite – raises awareness, connects with your higher self, brings in unconditional love for yourself and others, balances, protects
- Charoite – awakening, helps in decision making and clarity, encourages trust in yourself and the universe, relieves anxiety and worry
- Lepidolite – helps you attune to the divine universe and yourself, releases issues of depression and confusion, and releases anxiety
- Lithium Quartz – supports you in your spiritual journey, releases stress, anxiety, and depression,
Essential Oil for Your Crown Chakra
- Palo Santo
How to heal the Crown Chakra?
If you find imbalances and stuck energy in your Crown Chakra, healing these things requires moving the trapped energy out of your body. It also may involve gaining a different perspective on the negative memory, or resolving that memory.
Your Chakras carry information in each center that points the way to blocks that keep you from what you most desire.
Here’s what vital information the Crown Chakra may hold for you:
How trust issues block you: When you do not trust yourself or Spirit, you will not take the leaps needed to propel you forward onyour life path in business, relationships, career, and life. You may experience confusion about what to do when you feel a strong pull towards doing something out of the ordinary. Even though it may be in line with what you want, you fear the unknown.
Vital information in the Crown Chakra: The core wound experiences of trust come up and give the information you need to know how to heal. Self care techniques often come up as well as yourinnate strengths.
There’s different ways to heal the Crown Chakra:
- Find the root cause. Typically, we ask the Crown Chakra to reveal what we need to know that is blocking it in this moment.
- Ask questions to resolve the issue. Be curious and genuinely ask questions that will help resolve the negative event in your mind.
- Move the energy out of your body. Use emotional freedom technique tapping or guide the energy out of your body with your hands.
- Use crystals to release the stuck emotions from your body.
- Use color therapy to imagine the color and light drawing the stuck emotions and energy out of your body.
- Use art therapy to draw what’s going on in your Crown Chakra and to release the energy that’s stuck there.
- Use music or a guided meditation to release the stuck energy from your Crown Chakra.