What is the Sacral Chakra?
There are 7 Chakras and the Sacral Chakra is the 2nd one that is located right below your belly button by three inches in the spot that is directly above where your genitals are located.
It’s called Svadhisthana in Sanskrit. This area is associated with your creativity, passion, your sex drive, and grounding.
The Sacral Chakra can tell you why you haven’t received the promotion you were wanting, why you feel as if none of your projects get off the ground, why you feel as if your business isn’t making money, and what to do when you want to increase your creativity and productivity.
Where is the Sacral Chakra?
It’s located in the lower abdomen area, right below your belly button and right above your genitals.
What color represents the Sacral Chakra?
The color that it is mostly represented with it is orange.
If you use orange in color or essential oil therapy, you probably feel happier and more grounded in your body. Using orange as the color for the Sacral Chakra is fitting because when you tune into its energy vibration, you will notice that you feel lighter and happier. When you feel lighter and happier, you naturally get more ideas and the energy to do them.
When is the Sacral Chakra open?
When the Sacral Chakra is open, you’ll experience feeling more balanced and grounded. You’ll also feel more in touch with taking action on projects with upmost confidence in getting them done successfully. You won’t be worried about perfection or in how a project will be completed. You’d naturally have a strategy in mind and will head in that direction.
Being in tune with your Sacral Chakra helps with following your passion and purpose in life. You’ll feel more zest for life and energy to get things done in an organized way.
Things will naturally manifest for you along the path you put your focus and intention on. Even when you think about it, things will start happening for you. You’ll notice increased ability to motivate yourself to try new things and to create lifestyle changes that have a positive effect on your life and the lives of others because you will naturally find people asking you how you did it.
When is the Sacral Chakra blocked?
When the Sacral is blocked, there are different symptoms that will show up in the way you act towards yourself and others. These issues also show up in your emotions, mental thoughts, and behavior.
- You may feel unsure of your direction to go in for your life purpose or your career
- You may feel like you are apathetic towards life in general, or that you’re not sure why things keep happening to you and you’re not able to manifest what you truly want
- You may feel like you can’t motivate yourself to do anything that would have a major impact on your life financially or career wise
- You may feel like you’re just not breaking ground on any of your projects and that things keep being put on the back burner
- You may feel like no matter what you do, you’re just not able to feel confident or have enough energy to do what you think would be the next best step
How to activate the Sacral Chakra?
Activating the Sacral Chakra is easy to do and really only takes your focus, concentration, and intention to activate it for yourself.
The Sacral Chakra mostly gets activated by creativity and taking action on projects. The next time you have a spark of an idea for a creative project that seems like it fits with your overall passion and purpose, just do it instead of thinking about it. While it may not be perfect on the first run, you can perfect it later but get it going now.
Other things you can try:
- Exercise by doing a sport or activity you enjoy
- Dance, do yoga, or another activity
- Jump up and down or do jumping jacks
- Tune into the color orange for this area
- Sit with your legs crossed and imagine yourself and this area at the same time then place a sphere of light close to this area and let all negativity be drawn to the light
- Place your fingers or a gemstone or crystal on your Sacral Chakra and feel the vibrations from this area
- Listen to a guided meditation to activate your Sacral Chakra
- Listen to certain sounds that are meant only for your Sacral Chakra
- Draw, paint or color intuitively what you feel and see in your Sacral Chakra each day until the blockage dissolves and your Sacral Chakra is activated
- Say affirmations to awaken this area
- Say a mantra in meditation
- Meditate with your focus, concentration, and intention on activating your Sacral Chakra
- Get out in nature and go for a walk or hike a trail