Agate – Black Banded
- Used for grounding and centering, especially for your Root Chakra
- Brings peace and calm to relieve anxiety and balances the yin/yang energies
- Provides resilience during times of strive and encourages introspection for awareness of self
Black banded agate is naturally forming. It’s a form of chalcedony, which is a cryptocrystalline form of quartz, according to the Gem Society. It will sometimes appear as a solid color from afar, but if you hold it up to the light, you can often see it is translucent. Its connection is to the element of earth and it makes a strong grounding, centering stone for the Root Chakra. Banded agate, in general, is found around the world with a high concentration of them in Brazil, according to the Gem Society. Other banded agates are found in Uruguay, Mexico, Madagascar, and the United States (Gem Society).
Black Banded Agate is Useful to:
- Ground and center your mind and energy in the Root Chakra
- Balance yin and yang energies
- Encourage self control and introspection for awareness of self
- Strengthen the aura by dispelling and releasing negative energy
- Serve as a protection stone to encourage standing in your power
- Aids in the processes of transition, change, and new beginnings
- Soothes strong emotions like anger, grief, and anxiety
- Enhances mental focus and improves perception to dispel delusions
Healing Properties of Black Banded Agate
Black banded agate is a stability stone that assists in grounding and centering. In Chakra healing, it balances and stabilizes the Root Chakra, which assists in clearing out negative mental thoughts to allow greater peace and prosperity. Black banded agate also assists in clearing this negativity from the Aura to bring in more energy, joy, peace, and a balanced, healthy perception. It heals and calms extreme emotions of anger, grief, and anxiety. It encourages self reflection and introspection to be aware of your feelings and bring them to the surface for healing.
Emotional Healing Properties of Black Banded Agate
Emotionally, black banded agate soothes and releases very heavy emotions like anger, the feeling of abandonment, and anxiety.
Mental Healing Properties of Black Banded Agate
Mentally, black banded agate improves concentration and focus. It aids to alleviate anxiety and restlessness to encourage grounding, peace, and introspection. It can also help in clearing perceptions to reduce seeing delusions and embrace reality.
Physical Healing Properties of Black Banded Agate
Black banded agate heals the physical body by treating dizziness, headaches, healing the gut and stomach lining, cleaning the lymphatic system, pancreas, uterus, eyes, and skin issues. It also relaxes and strengthens blood vessels.
Divination and Black Banded Agate
The divination properties of black banded agate is that it is very helpful for channeling information directly from the universe. It assists in clearing perceptions, which will help you to see more reality than fantasy in visions and in empathic feelings. It also assists in seeing people as they are, which helps to identify those who are true and those who are false and potentially harmful. It can also offer psychic protection and strengthen your aura, which would attract higher energy people to you. Black banded agate can be used for introspection to discover your feelings and also to balance out your perceptions. It’s useful in journaling.
- The next time you think you feel off balance, try meditating with Black Banded Agate to alleviate anxiety to bring in more serenity and peace, balance and self reflection.
- When you need to feel more safe and secure in the universe, carry a piece of black banded agate with you, or wear jewelry with it to clear your aura and help you feel more balanced.
- If you work in the healing profession, try using Black Banded Agate to balance your clients’ Root Chakras and aid in their journaling about strong yin and yang energies of the shadow self with feelings of anger, numbness, abandonment, and frustration they may be experiencing.